Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Pond

This year we are having a glorious fall in Montana. We usually have a hard frost or two by now, and all our pretty colors fade to brown. This year our nights are getting mighty close to 32 degrees, but luckily we have just hung above the freezing point. I took a few pictures of our home, and yard in it's fall foliage.




Walking Journal cont...

Oct. 20
Day eight
Cooper and I had a great walk again today. We decided to go to walking trail in our town, that borders a large pond. The walk around the pond takes about 20 minutes, so it was perfect for us. It was gorgeous! I brought the camera, and took some pictures. The day was cloudy with just a hint of blue here and there in the sky. The water was like a mirror, reflecting everything so clearly.







We saw an old apple tree with bright red apples on the upper branches.

I explained to Cooper how the deer probably ate all the apples from the lower branches. He was a tiny bit afraid after that, and wanted to hold my hand the rest of our walk. There were some lovely cattails running along the edge of the pond like sentinels standing guard.






Just as we rounded the last curve of the pond two ducks flew in, and landed in the water. It was a wonderful walk; we will have to go again tomorrow.




Oct. 21
Day nine
Another beautiful day here in Montana. Cooper and I walked around the pond again. We walked about 25 minutes today, and it was wonderful. This isn’t power walking by any stretch of the imagination, but it is walking and that is way more than I was doing 10 days ago. I am feeling much better now, I use my inhaler just before our walk and I am hardly coughing at all. I can’t tell you how wonderful it feels to have that be over. We had such a wonderful time, Cooper found a wooly bear caterpillar, and he just had to go on our walk with us.



We saw a turtle basking in the sun on an old log.




There are some warning signs posted to beware of a moose that has been hanging around. We didn’t get to see the moose , and I’m not so sure I want to be that up close and personal. Lol

Oct. 22
Day 10
No walk today

Day 23
I went to the pond again, it is so pretty this time of year. I don’t want to miss any of the beauty, because I know it will be very cold, very soon! I am walking 25 minutes now, and it feels good.

3 comments:

  1. wonderful pictures! My favourite time of the year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures! they tell the story so well. and great job on your walks. didn't I say a journal was a great idea? it is, and I have yet to start mine, but it is on the list...

    ReplyDelete